Collective Bargaining Community
Welcome to the AFT-Cornell Collective Bargaining Certificate Program Community. The program is offered in partnership by the AFT and the Scheinman Institute at Cornell University’s ILR School. This program, which was the brainchild of AFT President Randi Weingarten, is designed to give member leaders the skills and confidence they need to effectively bargain and increase the union’s voice in the workplace and community. This is a great opportunity to earn a nationally recognized certificate valued at nearly $10,000 when earned outside of this program. In addition resources, webinars, research and support is provided by the AFT Center for Collective Bargaining, part of the Research and Strategic Initiatives Department. Together we provide AFT Collective Bargaining Training.
“How do you use collective bargaining to solve problems, and how do you teach people about real conflict resolution and the art and the science of negotiations?” asks AFT President Randi Weingarten. In this video, Weingarten and United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew discuss the AFT/Cornell Collective Bargaining Certificate program, along with testimonials by certificate holders.
Using the community
- Information - Resources, articles, and conference information.
- Discussions - Introduce yourself and start new discussions with your colleagues.
- Members - See all of the community members and what affiliate they are from.
- Files - Repository of all the resources in this community, these can also be found in the Information section.
For more information, please contact the AFT Union Leadership Institute at [email protected]
- May 23-28, 2021 - Five-Day Collective Bargaining Intensive!
- June 20-25, 2021 - Five-Day Collective Bargaining Intensive!